There isn’t a clear-cut best choice among the many companies beneath as to which one affords the most effective work setting. All insurers within the checklist implement sturdy measures to maintain staff engaged and supply aggressive worker advantages. The rankings are, as a substitute, organized based mostly on workforce dimension beginning with the biggest. Listed here are the most effective insurance coverage firms to work for within the US based mostly on our analysis.
1. Liberty Mutual
Workforce dimension: 45,000+
Head workplace location: Boston, MA
Liberty Mutual Holdings Firm Inc. is the fourth-largest property and casualty insurer within the US and sixth globally by way of written premiums. Its portfolio of insurance coverage merchandise contains:
- Private and industrial auto insurance coverage
- Householders’ insurance coverage
- Business property insurance coverage
- Employees’ compensation
- Common legal responsibility insurance coverage
- A number of-peril industrial insurance coverage
- Specialty strains
Liberty Mutual unveiled its multi-year variety, fairness, and inclusion (DE&I) plan for workers in 2019. This serves as the corporate’s blueprint for rising the illustration of ladies and other people of coloration in any respect ranges of its companies throughout the US.
When the COVID-19 pandemic struck a 12 months later, an annual survey revealed that an astounding 92% of the mutual insurer’s general workforce reported being “extraordinarily happy” with the corporate as a spot to work, rising from 85% within the earlier 12 months. This earned Liberty Mutual among the many “Greatest Workplaces in Monetary Companies & Insurance coverage” and “Greatest Workplaces for Dad and mom” by Nice Locations to Work.
It was additionally in 2020 that Liberty Mutual launched its first-ever World Worker Expertise perform designed to take a extra “holistic, inclusive, and data-driven strategy” to understanding what issues essentially the most to its staff and collaborating with them to create distinctive experiences.
Liberty Mutual has additionally been named a Greatest Employer for Variety and Greatest Employer for New Graduates by Forbes for offering ample alternatives for profession progress for all workers. It has likewise been persistently included in a number of annual “Greatest Insurance coverage Corporations to Work For” awards and has scored a good 100 on the company equality index – a benchmarking survey that measures company insurance policies and practices associated to LGBTQ+ office equality – for 5 consecutive years.
2. Progressive Insurance coverage
Workforce dimension: 45,000+
Head workplace location: Mayfield Village, OH
The Progressive Group of Insurance coverage Corporations ranks third among the many US’ largest auto insurers, underwriting greater than 13 million insurance policies yearly. It is usually the highest bike and specialty RV insurer within the nation and writes industrial auto insurance policies and a number of other private strains dangers, together with owners’ insurance coverage.
Progressive locations nice significance on permitting workers to specific their true selves and produce their strengths to work, making it among the many greatest insurance coverage firms to work for. The insurer additionally holds all workers accountable for sticking to its 5 core values – excellence, integrity, golden rule, aims, and revenue.
Progressive affords glorious advantages, together with entry to monetary wellbeing applications, which offer the next:
- 401(ok) retirement plans
- Tuition help
- Honest base pay
- Annual bonus program
Firm advantages additionally embrace:
- Well being, imaginative and prescient, and dental care
- Well being financial savings accounts
- Psychological well being assist
- Entry to health facilities
- Maternity assist
Progressive positioned 51st in Fortune’s 100 Greatest Corporations to Work For and sixty fifth within the 100 Greatest Giant Workplaces for Millennials in 2022.
Aggressive pay 💵
Group involvement 🌳
Variety, Fairness and Inclusion 💙
We might go on however have a look for your self. See why Progressive is a superb place to begin or develop your #profession. #JobSearch #PGRStrong
— Progressive (@progressive) April 28, 2022
Workforce dimension: 32,000+
Head workplace location: San Antonio, TX
USAA is the main supplier of insurance coverage and different monetary companies to members of the US army, veterans, and their households, persistently rating on the prime of a number of buyer satisfaction surveys.
However aside from offering glorious buyer expertise, USAA is among the greatest insurance coverage firms to work for within the nation, giving workers and their households a variety of advantages, together with:
- Medical and dental insurance coverage protection
- Retirement financial savings plans
- Paid time without work
- Rewards and recognition applications
- Entry to health facilities and private trainers
- Faculty admission help
- Ongoing coaching applications
USAA ranked 87th within the 2021 version of Fortune’s 100 Greatest Corporations to Work For, the final time it was included.
Workforce dimension: 26,000+
Head workplace location: Columbus, OH
A Fortune 100 agency, Nationwide Mutual Insurance coverage Firm affords a full suite of insurance coverage merchandise to purchasers throughout the US, together with:
- Automobile insurance coverage
- Business insurance coverage
- Householders’ insurance coverage
- Life insurance coverage
- Motorbike insurance coverage
- Pet insurance coverage
Nationwide’s dedication to DE&I is mirrored in how the insurance coverage large operates its enterprise. It requires companions to point out a “dedication to creating alternatives that promote provider variety.”
As well as, hundreds of Nationwide workers take part in useful resource teams and unit councils annually, with the objective of fostering inclusion and enhancing enterprise outcomes. The corporate additionally hosts occasions to have fun the heritage of its workers to teach staff about various experiences and discover methods to change into variety and inclusion allies.
The Nationwide Basis, the insurer’s charity arm, is spearheading an initiative that enables associates to present a “matching present” from the muse to pick out non-profits specializing in financial empowerment and social fairness. Nationwide leads all insurers within the newest Fortune 100 Greatest Corporations to Work For, holding the twenty first spot.
5. Farmers Insurance coverage
Workforce dimension: 21,000
Head workplace location: Woodland Hills, CA
One of many nation’s largest suppliers of automobile, house, and small enterprise insurance coverage can also be among the many greatest insurance coverage firms to work for, putting 89th in Fortune 100’s newest rankings.
Farmers Insurance coverage Group prioritizes taking good care of its workers and has carried out numerous methods to offer assist for its staff. Certainly one of these initiatives is the Farmers Household Fund, which permits the insurer to right away reply when workers encounter monetary hardship. Since its inception in 2012, the scheme has supplied over $2.5 million in grants to workers in want.
Farmers Insurance coverage additionally exhibits its dedication to inclusion and variety by sponsoring totally different worker teams, together with:
- Farmers Pleasure
- Girls’s Inclusion Community
- Veterans & Advocates
- Farmers Asian Alliance
- Somos Farmers
- Black Professionals Alliance
- Incapacity Inclusion Group
- Farmers Future
- Mother or father Join
Farmers Insurance coverage additionally acquired a good rating on the most recent Company Equality Index from the Human Rights Marketing campaign Basis.
6. Mutual of Omaha
Workforce dimension: 6,000+
Head workplace location: Omaha, NE
Mutual of Omaha is a Fortune 500 mutual insurer providing a variety of life and well being insurance policies. These embrace:
- Life insurance coverage
- Group medical health insurance
- Lengthy-term care insurance coverage
- Medicare complement
The mutual insurer has numerous ongoing D&I initiatives, together with:
- Variety & Inclusion Motion Group (DIAG): Consists of Mutual of Omaha leaders who present focus and course for the insurer’s DE&I applications.
- Advocacy and Advisory Council: Made up of associates from the corporate’s totally different models who’re tasked to suggest alternatives for implementing DE&I methods.
- Mutually Related: A obligatory culture-shaping workshop exploring ideas and values that assist DE&I.
- Mutually Inclusive: The mutual insurer’s flagship program is designed to strengthen ideas that “bridge connections throughout variations,” together with anti-racism, allyship, and id.
7. Allianz Life
Workforce dimension: 2,200+
Head workplace location: Minneapolis, MN
Allianz Life Insurance coverage Firm of North America has been a continuing fixture of Fortune’s checklist for the previous decade, putting quantity 77 within the newest version. The corporate is a subsidiary of the worldwide insurance coverage large Allianz SE and affords a variety of retirement merchandise, together with particular person life insurance coverage and annuities.
Allianz Life’s LinkedIn profile states that it offers workers with a “inventive, collaborative working setting with ongoing profession growth alternatives.” The specialist life insurer additionally affords a aggressive compensation and advantages package deal, which incorporates:
- Tuition reimbursement
- Worker inventory buy plans
- Retirement financial savings plan
8. American Constancy Assurance
Workforce dimension: 2,000+
Head workplace location: Oklahoma Metropolis, OK
American Constancy Assurance Firm secured the 53rd spot on the Fortune 100 Greatest Corporations to Work For in 2021, because of its efforts to assist workers on the top of the pandemic. Most lately, it was named among the many prime workplaces for IT by a number of business specialists.
American Constancy offers supplemental advantages to its a couple of million policyholders, consisting principally of employers within the public, automotive, healthcare, and training sectors. Among the many services and products the corporate affords are:
- Supplemental insurance coverage
- Cease-loss insurance coverage for self-funded plans
- Inexpensive Care Act (ACA) consulting
- Affected person safety
- On-line advantages enrollment software program
- Reimbursement accounts and administration
- Part 125 Plan administration
Workforce dimension: 1,100+
Head workplace location: New York, NY
Lemonade is the one insurtech agency on our checklist of the most effective insurance coverage firms to work for. Aside from being among the many drivers of digital transformation within the business, the tech startup is a public profit firm and a Licensed B Company.
Lemonade operates an annual giveback program, the place it donates unused premiums to varied charitable organizations chosen by its members. Since 2017, the insurtech agency has given again about $6.2 million to varied non-profits throughout the nation. Most lately, it has donated $1.9 million value of unused premiums to totally different charities, together with:
- Charity: Water: Acquired $134,909 to assist water tasks in Mali
- Direct Reduction: Acquired $133,955 to offer emergency medical backpacks to Ukrainian refugees
- 350.Org: Acquired $118,443 for “local weather justice” initiatives
Lemonade’s giveback program was acknowledged as one of many “World Altering Concepts” by Quick Firm. The agency has additionally been included within the checklist of Greatest-Led Corporations and Greatest Office in America.
The insurtech firm makes use of behavioral economics and AI to supply insurance coverage insurance policies which might be 100% digital, that means each step – from offering quotes and underwriting to claims processing and approval – is finished by way of its cell app. Lemonade additionally prices a flat price and boasts a “superfast” claims cost course of. It as soon as famously granted a declare in three seconds through the use of chatbots.
10. PURE Insurance coverage
Workforce dimension: 800+
Head workplace location: White Plains, NY
PURE Insurance coverage is a policyholder-owned insurance coverage firm dedicated to aiding people and households by providing a variety of private coverages, together with:
- Auto insurance coverage
- Dwelling insurance coverage
- Cyber and fraud insurance coverage
- Jewellery insurance coverage
- Artwork and collectible insurance coverage
PURE, which stands for Privilege Underwriters Reciprocal Alternate, caters to high-net-worth individuals who want help in defending their property. The insurer affords a clear view of its processes, permitting policyholders to know precisely the place their cash goes and the way their accounts are being managed.
Amongst PURE Insurance coverage’s latest accolades are being included within the checklist of Greatest Workplaces in Monetary Companies and Insurance coverage, Greatest Excessive Internet Price Insurance coverage Firm, and Greatest Insurance coverage Underwriter.
Meet Safiya Reid.
Safiya works in our Roswell workplace & leads our audacious efforts in direction of larger variety, inclusion and fairness at PURE.
👂 to her interview on @LivingCorp_Pod the place she shares her profession & extra: https://t.co/a3uruhtrrK#diversityandinclusion #fairness pic.twitter.com/vpApSbIVN0
— PUREinsurance (@PUREinsurance) March 12, 2021
Working for an insurance coverage firm may be each an thrilling and rewarding expertise because it provides you a chance to make a optimistic affect on different individuals’s lives. By serving as an knowledgeable useful resource individual, you possibly can assist shoppers make knowledgeable selections about which sorts of insurance policies present them with the most effective monetary safety.
Nonetheless, whether or not your tenure in an insurance coverage firm can be gratifying or upsetting is dependent upon an assortment of things, lots of that are past your management, so it’s best to concentrate to those throughout your job search. Listed here are some attributes that the most effective insurance coverage firms to work for have in widespread:
- Optimistic tradition: An organization tradition that shares your values and ethics can hold you engaged and productive.
- Nice management: Workers look as much as assured, efficient, and truthful leaders. In addition they assist the corporate succeed.
- Sense of group: The perfect insurance coverage firms to work for kind a group round their workers, the place everybody’s objectives are supported.
- Sense of belief: Managers in wholesome workplaces belief their staff members to work laborious and make good selections. Workers, in the meantime, belief their leaders to information and assist them.
- Sense of equity and equality: Nice firms present a piece setting the place staff really feel that they obtain truthful compensation and equal alternatives as their colleagues. These are additionally the place staff are much less prone to expertise bias, favoritism, and politics.
- Open communication: This enables firms to construct belief and keep away from misunderstandings.
- Affords skilled growth: The perfect insurance coverage firms to work for spend money on its workers to assist them develop professionally.
- Transparency: Companies which might be clear about how they function can earn their staff’ belief and dedication.
- Innovation: Progressive insurance coverage firms are these which might be always evolving by creating new merchandise and techniques. In addition they encourage workers to share inventive concepts, make strategies, and take calculated dangers.
- Variety: Nice firms embrace all workers coming from various beliefs and backgrounds.
- Aggressive compensation: An insurance coverage firm that cares for its staff provides them salaries that enable them to dwell comfortably and advantages that present them with a monetary security web throughout sudden conditions. For those who’re questioning which jobs within the business supply essentially the most compensation, you possibly can take a look at our newest rating of the highest-paying insurance coverage careers.
Right here’s a abstract of the traits that the most effective insurance coverage firms to work for share.
The perfect insurance coverage firms to work for within the US make every workday each difficult and rewarding. Engaged workers, a optimistic work setting, and good compensation are simply among the indicators you have to be searching for in case you’re trying to find one.
These are the sorts of insurers you’ll discover on our Greatest in Insurance coverage America web page. Right here, you could find insurance coverage firms which might be nominated by their friends and vetted by our panel of specialists as respectable market leaders. For those who’re searching for an organization that shares your values and offers the chance for skilled progress, it is a good place to begin your job search.
What do you consider the most effective insurance coverage firms to work for on our checklist? Are there any insurers that you just suppose we missed? Share your ideas within the feedback part beneath.
Leave a Reply