- Cryptoslate reported on Jan. 24 that the CME change noticed 84,000 Bitcoin, or $2 billion, allotted in futures contracts within the final 24 hours.
- An additional 2,715 BTC have been allotted into futures open curiosity (OI) prior to now 24 hours, now totaling 86,950 BTC.
- The futures OI in CME accounts for 20% of the futures open curiosity in all exchanges, the best because the November 2021 bull run.
- Whole futures OI is 420,000 BTC, or about $9.5 billion.
Why is CME well-liked?
- CME is accessible for TradFi funds, because it’s regulated and makes use of a central counterparty clearing homes (CCPs) clearing mannequin
- It’s simpler for institutional speculators to commerce BTC because it’s the identical place they’d commerce commodity futures and, normally, comparatively costly for the typical investor.
The submit Bitcoin futures open curiosity at CME reaches 20% of total BTC futures OI appeared first on CryptoSlate.
Leave a Reply