These extremely scrumptious Brown Butter Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies are flourless and topped with flakey sea salt for candy and salty goodness.
Final Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies
IMO, there may be nothing higher than a very good, hearty oatmeal cookie. I eat them for dessert, I eat them for breakfast, and I eat them for snacks. Heck, I at all times have a bag of cookies in my freezer for emergencies.
These butterscotch oatmeal cookies are made with brown butter and there’s no flour concerned! These are a spin-off of our well-known peanut butter oatmeal cookies however are made with a milder nut butter –> almond butter.
Why you’ll adore it!
Elevated with brown butter
An ideal freezer cookie
This oatmeal butterscotch cookie recipe is made with primary substances that you simply most likely have already got!
- Fast-cooking oats: no flour is required in these cookies! Ensure to purchase fast oats as an alternative of rolled.
- Brown butter: we’re taking issues up a notch by browning our butter for a touch of toffee taste.
- Brown sugar and maple syrup: sugars required for these cookies embrace gentle brown sugar and maple syrup.
- Almond butter: since there is no such thing as a flour on this recipe, almond butter actually helps bind the dough collectively. Be happy to wap for cashew or peanut.
- Butterscotch chips: what would butterscotch oatmeal cookies be with out the butterscotch chips?
Prime Suggestions for Excellent Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies
Use quick-cooking oats: whereas we’ve examined this recipe with each fast cooking and rolled oats, we suggest quick-cooking oats as your dough will keep collectively higher.
Chill the dough: chilling the dough will stop the cookies from spreading an excessive amount of whereas baking.
Barely pat down cookies: we propose barely patting down the cookie dough balls to stop the dough from doming.
Let cool utterly: we suggest letting the cookies cool utterly, earlier than dealing with/consuming in order that they don’t break aside. Keep in mind, they’re flourless so that they want the cool time to set.
- Use a unique chip: not a butterscotch fan? Attempt utilizing chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, and even peanut butter chips.
- Use a unique nut butter: do that recipe with cashew butter or peanut butter.
- Use a unique extract: combine issues up a bit and check out almond or coconut extract!
Counter: retailer these cookies in an hermetic container on the counter for as much as 3-5 days.
Freezer: retailer these cookies in an hermetic container within the freezer for as much as 3 months.
- 1/4 cup melted, unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup gentle brown sugar packed
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 giant egg
- 1/2 cup all-natural, creamy almond butter (drippy)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2.5 cups quick-cooking oats gluten-free, if desired*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- flakey sea salt, for topping
First, preheat the oven to 350ºF and spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
Subsequent, make the brown butter. Place butter in a small saucepan. Flip the warmth to medium/excessive to completely soften the butter. When the butter begins to caramelize, flip the warmth off and let sit within the pan till all butter has browned.
Within the bowl of a stand mixer, mix the brown butter and brown sugar till there are not any lumps. Then, add maple syrup, egg, almond butter, and vanilla and blend once more.
Add the salt, quick-cooking oats, and baking soda and blend till every thing is mixed. Add within the butterscotch chips and blend once more.
Refrigerate the dough for 20 minutes to set.
Scoop 2 heaping tablespoons of cookie dough into your arms and type it right into a ball. Place it onto the cookie sheet and barely press right down to type a cookie form. The batter will really feel a bit moist, however it will likely be so comfortable and chewy when achieved baking!*
Repeat the method above till you’ve match 6 cookies in your baking sheet.
Bake cookies at 350ºF for Sep 11 minutes or till they start to show golden brown.
Take away cookies and let cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet earlier than transferring them to a wire rack to proceed cooling for a minimum of 20 minutes to agency up.
Suggestions & Notes
- Cookie dough – the cookies will unfold just a bit bit when baking. For those who don’t press them down, you’ll get dome-shaped cookies.
- For those who use lower than 2 tablespoons of dough, contemplate lowering your bake time by 1-2 minutes as your cookies might be smaller.
- It would assist to barely moisten your arms earlier than rolling the cookie dough and washing your hand’s in-between balls as a result of the dough is fairly sticky.
Energy: 209kcal Carbohydrates: 25g Protein: 4g Fats: 11g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 17g
Images: images taken on this put up are by Ashley McGlaughlin from The Edible Perspective.
Leave a Reply