Home made granola by no means tasted so good. Do this fall-inspired Apple Cinnamon Granola for a wholesome do-it-yourself granola recipe that’s vegan and gluten-free.
For those who’ve ever made our do-it-yourself granola recipe, you understand we’ve obtained it down! And even our peanut butter cup granola — delish! As we speak we’re sharing a candy and spicy apple cinnamon granola that’s good for fall.
What You Want for Apple Cinnamon Granola
We’re calling this one of the best fall granola as a result of it packs in one of the best of fall flavors and components. Sure, it’s an apple cinnamon granola, nevertheless it’s obtained quite a lot of hearty add-ins to make it epically flavorful:
- rolled oats
- maple syrup
- dried apples
- dried cranberries or cherries
Simple Ingredient Swaps
- Rolled Oats: Substitute with an equal quantity of fast oats for a softer texture or steel-cut oats for a chewier texture.
- Walnuts: Almonds, pecans, or cashews can simply exchange walnuts. Alter based on your desire.
- Pepitas (Pumpkin Seeds): Sunflower seeds or chia seeds are appropriate options.
- Coconut Oil: You’ll be able to exchange melted coconut oil with melted butter, ghee, or a impartial oil like canola or avocado oil.
- Maple Syrup: Honey, agave nectar, or brown sugar can act as sweeteners instead of maple syrup.
- Floor Cinnamon: Whereas cinnamon is a main taste, in case you’re out, you’ll be able to strive allspice or enhance the quantity of nutmeg and ginger a bit for added heat.
- Floor Nutmeg & Floor Ginger: You should use allspice, cardamom, or enhance the cinnamon in case you don’t have these spices available.
- Dried Apples: Swap for dried pears, dried apricots, or one other dried fruit you favor.
- Dried Cranberries: Raisins, sultanas, dried cherries, or dried blueberries are good options.
- Coconut Oil Cooking Spray: For those who don’t have this, you’ll be able to line the baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Alternatively, any impartial oil can be utilized to frivolously grease the baking sheet.
Serve this do-it-yourself apple cinnamon granola on prime of this apple smoothie. It doesn’t get significantly better.
How can I make my granola clumpier or chunkier?
To get clumpier granola, press the combination down firmly onto the baking sheet earlier than baking. Keep away from stirring it too typically whereas it bakes. You can even add a crushed egg white to the combo, which acts as a binder and helps in forming clusters.
Can I add contemporary fruit to my granola?
Whereas contemporary fruit is scrumptious, it doesn’t work nicely baked into granola as a result of its moisture content material. Nevertheless, after baking and cooling your granola, you’ll be able to add contemporary fruits when serving. In order for you fruit baked into your granola, go for dried or freeze-dried variations to keep up the crunchy texture.
How lengthy does do-it-yourself granola hold?
Home made granola, if saved accurately, can final for as much as 2 weeks. It’s finest to maintain it in an hermetic container in a cool, dry place. Make sure the granola is totally cooled earlier than storing to stop moisture build-up and sogginess.
Retailer your granola in an hermetic, glass container in a cool, darkish place in your kitchen. Granola ought to last as long as 2 weeks.
You’ll be able to at all times simply eat your apple cinnamon granola with some almond milk, however in case you’re hoping to make this extra of a meal, listed below are some serving options:
Preheat oven to 350ºF and spray a baking sheet with coconut oil cooking spray or lay a bit of parchment paper down over the baking sheet.
Place rolled oats, walnuts, and pepitas onto the baking sheet and toss along with your arms or a wood spoon.
Then, drizzle on maple syrup and melted coconut oil and toss once more with a wood spoon.
Lastly, season granola with cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt and toss yet another time.
Place within the oven at 350ºF for 10 minutes. Take away and toss. Place again in for one more 10-Quarter-hour.
Take away granola from the oven and let cool for five minutes. Add dried apples and cranberries and toss.
Energy: 294kcal Carbohydrates: 34g Protein: 6g Fats: 16g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 14g