These oatmeal crumble fig bars are a candy deal with and a better-for-you snack that may be loved any time of the day. The fig-maple syrup filling mixed with the chewy oatmeal crust makes this scrumptious recipe a must-try for anybody on the lookout for a straightforward, tasty deal with.
These Oatmeal Crumble Fig Bars are a love little one between a Fig Newton and a crumble bar! The flavour of the figs mixed with oatmeal crumble topping is simply fabulous — and kid-approved.
To make these scrumptious fig oatmeal bars, you’ll want to melt the dried mission figs, make the oatmeal crust and fig filling, and assemble all of it on a baking pan. Bake, let ’em cool, and revel in! Whether or not you serve them for an important day, as a snack in your child’s lunches, or make an enormous batch as meal prep for your self, these wholesome fig bars shall be a success.
What You Must Make Oatmeal Fig Crumble Bars
- Dried mission figs: the starring act of this recipe. Don’t skip it!
- Maple syrup: maple syrup is a good pure sweetener, and the flavour pairs deliciously with the candy fig.
- Old school rolled oats: these oats will soak up extra taste and cook dinner up quicker than steel-cut oats.
- Floor cinnamon: cinnamon, fig, and maple syrup? Depend me in!
- Egg: egg acts as a binding agent for the oatmeal crumble topping.
- Turbinado sugar (elective): it is a extra pure, unrefined sugar to maintain issues wholesome.
Want Breakfast Inspo?
Subscribe to our emails and get all of our greatest breakfast recipes straight to your inbox.
Variations and Substitutions
- Maple syrup: Swap the maple syrup with uncooked honey as a substitute for a unique taste twist.
- Coconut oil: Avocado oil or olive oil could possibly be used rather than the coconut oil. Simply word the style and texture of your bars will fluctuate.
- White complete wheat flour: Substitute the white complete wheat flour with all-purpose flour, almond flour, or chapati flour.
- Add nuts: For an additional layer of crunch, add some walnuts or pecans to the oatmeal crumble combination.
What are the very best sorts of figs for fig bars?
We used dried mission figs for this recipe, and the recipe got here out scrumptious. Nevertheless, there are numerous completely different sorts of figs that can be utilized for fig bars, every with its personal distinctive taste profiles.
Some fashionable varieties embrace Turkish figs, Calimyrna figs, and Kadota figs. Simply make certain to make use of dried figs as a substitute of recent ones, because the moisture content material in recent figs can have an effect on the feel of the bars.
Can do-it-yourself fig bars be made forward?
Sure. These oatmeal fig crumble bars are make-ahead pleasant and may be ready days prematurely. This makes them an important possibility for gatherings and even vacation exchanges, the place time is of the essence.
To make sure most freshness, it is strongly recommended to bake the bars as much as three days prematurely. It will enable sufficient time for cooling and storage with out compromising their style or texture.
Storage + Freezer Instructions
Any leftover oatmeal fig crumble bars may be left in an hermetic container at room temperature for as much as 3 days. After, it’s finest to retailer them within the fridge to increase their shelf-life.
To freeze, reduce the bars into single servings and layer them in between parchment paper. Place in a freezer-safe, hermetic bag or container and retailer within the freezer for as much as 3 months.