Our Favourite 3D Strap Drills – Installment 1
Written on August 20, 2023 at 7:37 am, by Eric Cressey
We use the 3D Strap a ton with our athletes, so I inspired Cressey Sports activities Efficiency – MA coach Ethan Dyer to report just a few of his favourite drills to share with a bigger viewers. Right here they’re (and I’ll be chiming in with a second installment of this text myself very quickly).
Additionally, should you haven’t began utilizing the 3D Strap together with your athletes, I’d strongly encourage you to take action; they add a ton of choices to your coaching bag of tips. Positively test them out at www.WhatsThatStrap.com and enter coupon code CRESSEY at checkout totally free delivery in your order.
Get pleasure from! -EC
1. 3D Strap Lateral Sled Drag: Probably the most notable advantages of the 3D Strap for baseball and softball athletes is that it doesn’t require any gripping. This implies we will load up actions like reverse and lateral sled drags with out having to fret in regards to the neural and native fatigue related to frying our grip and forearms, significantly in-season.
2. 3D Strap Lateral Rotation: It is a piece of kit that enables for vital tactile and sensory suggestions whereas executing sure drills, like this lateral rotation. The helical, compressive forces and main impact that the strap gives is exclusive and provides us loads of ‘really feel’ primarily based choices for our rotational athletes.
3. 3D Strap-Assisted Bowler Squat: The 3D Strap gives a ton of worth for loaded single leg actions like this bowler squat. Along with the beforehand talked about ‘really feel’ primarily based enter we get, we’re in a position so as to add vital loading to workouts the place we is likely to be in search of resisted or assisted vary of movement.
4. Break up-Stance 3D Strap-Resisted Row w/Alternate Arm Attain: Even in post-surgical contexts, we will drive rotation by means of the higher physique without having to do any gripping. This can be much less vital loading than an precise cable row, but when we’re trying to restore / keep vary of movement on the ribcage post-surgery, this type of exercise may be a wonderful alternative.
5. 3D Strap-Resisted Heiden with Stick: The strap isn’t a band, which means it’s non-elastic. Due to this we will get extra out of actions like resisted jumps for sure athletes. Once we yank on the strap the pressure is utilized over a really small period of time, which ought to bias moving into and out of the minimize with higher velocity. This can’t be completed to the identical extent with a band, making the 3D Strap a useful gizmo whereas programming for change of path or return to run progressions.
As you possibly can see, that is an superior piece of kit that may actually yield a wide range of coaching advantages. We’ll be again quickly with extra of our favorites, however within the meantime, you possibly can test it out at www.WhatsThatStrap.com and enter coupon code CRESSEY at checkout totally free delivery.
In regards to the Writer
Ethan Dyer serves as a Power & Conditioning coach at Cressey Sports activities Efficiency. He began as a consumer at CSP and finally went on to intern at CSP-MA. Following one other internship at Indianapolis Health and Sports activities Coaching, Ethan joined the CSP-MA staff. He was a pitcher on the School of the Holy Cross earlier than transferring to Endicott School to finish his undergraduate work with a serious in Train Science and minor in Psychology. A Licensed Power and Conditioning Coach by means of the Nationwide Power and Conditioning Affiliation, Ethan has been a volunteer with each the Miracle League and Particular Olympics, and has a ardour for working with younger athletes to assist them fall in love with coaching whereas avoiding harm. You possibly can observe him on Instagram at @Ethan___Dyer.
Signal-up Immediately for our FREE Publication and obtain a four-part video collection on the way to deadlift!