There’s nothing extra warming in winter than a filling root veg soup. And we’re all about wholesome ‘quick meals’ and with this recipe, we’re utilizing ready-made carrot and parsnip mash, plus pumpkin. Ultimate for busy households and fogeys.
Serves 6 | Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 1 pack of Mash Direct Carrot & Parsnip Mash
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 2 sticks of celery (chopped)
- 2 tsp recent ginger (finely chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 cans vegetable or rooster broth
- 1 pumpkin (peeled, deseeded, diced)
- 1 cup of water (extra if wanted)
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp floor cumin
- Salt & pepper to style
- Heavy/whipping cream or fats free bitter cream
- Sauté the onion and celery in a big pot on a medium warmth for five-seven minutes.
- Add the ginger and garlic to the pot, stir, and cook dinner for 2 minutes till aromatic. Add the Mash Direct Carrot & Parsnip Mash, vegetable broth, pumpkin, water, dried thyme, cumin, and salt & pepper to style.
- With the lid barely ajar, simmer the soup on medium-low warmth for about half-hour or till the greens have softened.
- Let the soup cool barely, then purée in batches utilizing a blender. If the soup is simply too thick, add water to skinny it out a bit.
- Serve with a swirl of fats free bitter cream if desired. For the spooky season, the spider internet design will be made utilizing a picket kebab skewer.
Leave a Reply