Whipped cottage cheese mashed potatoes come out so fluffy and protein-packed all due to the particular addition of whipped cottage cheese!
Oh sure, we did! Whipped Cottage Cheese Mashed Potatoes NEED to be the mashed potatoes you serve at this 12 months’s Thanksgiving. They’re made equally to basic mashed potatoes with boiled Yukons, however we included whipped cottage cheese to make them further fluffy and scrumptious.
Mashed potatoes are fingers down my favourite Thanksgiving facet and my mother all the time made them with bitter cream. We took that very same concept however whipped up some cottage cheese rather than the bitter cream and the outcome was epic – easy, creamy, and protein-packed!
What You Must Make Cottage Cheese Mashed Potatoes
- Yukon gold potatoes
- Cottage cheese
- Salt and pepper
Get our Prime 10 5-Star Recipes!
Be a part of our e mail record for brand spanking new recipes and BONUS: get our prime 10 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ recipes e-book!
Substitues & Variations
Be at liberty to prepare dinner your potatoes in any technique you want. We desire to boil them on the stovetop, however you can even prepare dinner them within the Prompt Pot or bake the potatoes within the oven.
You should use both butter or margarine, however we desire the style of butter greatest. Any sort of milk works for this recipe, we examined this with regular cow’s milk and unsweetened almond milk and also you just about couldn’t inform a distinction.
How You mash your potatoes Issues
- Easy: when you like your mashed potatoes good and easy, we suggest utilizing a hand mixer.
- Chunky: when you like a little bit of texture, use a basic potato masher.
Whipped Cottage Cheese Mashed Potatoes FAQ
What potatoes are greatest for mashed potatoes?
We love Yukon gold potatoes for mashed potatoes, however russet and Idaho work too.
Do I’ve to whip the cottage cheese first?
We do suggest whipping your cottage cheese in a blender or meals processor first to verify it’s good and creamy. If you happen to don’t, you’ll have cottage cheese lumps in your mashed potatoes!
Retailer leftover mashed potatoes in an hermetic container for as much as 3-5 days. We suggest reheating within the microwave on excessive for 60-90 seconds.
- 5 lb. Yukon gold potatoes rinsed and quartered
- 3 teaspoons sea salt separated
- 11 oz. 2% cottage cheese ~1.5 cups
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- ½ cup 2% milk or any type of milk*
- ½ teaspoon floor pepper
- Contemporary parsley
- Contemporary chives
Ideas & Notes
- We desire Yukon gold potatoes for this recipe however crimson potatoes or Idaho potatoes will work, too.
- You’ll be able to peel your potatoes earlier than boiling when you don’t just like the pores and skin.
- Milk*: be happy so as to add extra milk till the potatoes have reached the specified consistency.
- Be at liberty so as to add extra salt to the potatoes if wanted.
Energy: 314kcal Carbohydrates: 52g Protein: 11g Fats: 8g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 4g